Board of Directors Nominations
Here are some attributes of an ideal Board member for which the Nominating Committee is looking:
- Has a heart for and is fully supportive of the mission and ministry of St. John’s Lutheran Church (SJLC).
- Has actively participated in a ministry connected to achieving the mission of SJLC.
- Is a conceptual thinker – is able to connect abstract, contrasting ideas to deepen understanding, create new ideas and reflect on past decisions.
- Has a good understanding of the “big picture.”
- Is able to see the implications of directions, strategy and sets of facts.
- Is a critical thinker. Is able to analyze information objectively and make a reasoned judgment.
- Makes decisions in the best interest of the entire church.
- Is cognizant of “ownership interests” within the church. Does not seek his/her own agenda.
- Exhibits personal commitment.
- Regularly prepares for and attends all meetings.
- Participates beyond minimal expectations.
- Regularly volunteers without waiting to be asked.
- Has group skills. Is able to work well with others during conversations, projects, meetings or other collaborations. Communicates well, actively listens and is responsible and honest.
- Can lead when needed to do so.
- Helps group operate by its policies.
- Is regular in worship/prayer/personal and group Bible Study, as well as proportional financial giving and service to God.
- Is committed in relationships.
- Is cheerful and giving. Reaches out to others