LOVE DOES: Free to Fail
- Date: Sunday, January 20, 2019
- Speaker: Eric Van Scharrel
- Series: LOVE DOES
- Scripture: Matthew 16:13-23
“[Jesus said] On this ROCK I will build my CHURCH, and the gates of HELL SHALL NOT PREVAIL against it.” -Matthew 16:18
The only thing worse than FAILING at something that really matters, is SUCCEEDING at something that doesn’t matter.
“[Jesus said] I tell you, there will be more JOY in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 sinners who have no need for repentance.” -Luke 15:7
A Biblical Picture of Failure
- Many people QUIT too early, but God NEVER gives up.
- It’s not failure if you LEARN and GROW from it.If trying something DIFFICULT and failing leads you to learn to better DEPEND on God, your failure is not in VAIN.
- The PAST does not equal the FUTURE.
INVITATION: Come back on Wednesday for our “Love Does” Bible study
CHALLENGE: Seek out a new challenge this week, pray, and do it!