Sermon on the Mount: The Golden Rule
- Date: Sunday, November 4, 2018
- Speaker: Pastor Hilken & Pastor Van Scharrel
- Series: Sermon on the Mount
- Scripture: Matthew 6:1–6:18
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them…” (Matthew 7:12a)
The “Golden Rule” is for GOD-CENTERED,
Marks of a disciple:
- Faithful WORSHIP and close FELLOWSHIP
- Glad and sincere THANKFULNESS and lavish GENEROSITY
- Authentic LOVE and clear WITNESS
“…for this is the Law and the Prophets.”
“You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons
of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself:
I am the Lord.” -Leviticus 19:18
Man teaches MORALISM; God teaches MERCY.
The Golden Rule is NOT just moral counsel; it is the radical INCARNATION of LOVE!
THIS WEEK’S CHALLENGE: Love without an AGENDA!
For personal study and LIFEgroups this week,
handouts are available at the LIFEgroups kiosk in the Worship Center lobby. Messages and Resources are available at sjlchurch.org/sermons