Sermon on the Mount: Quiet Faithfulness & Prayer
- Date: Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Speaker: Eric Van Scharrel
- Series: Sermon on the Mount
- Scripture: Matthew 6:1–6:18
The POSTURE of prayer…
Jesus offers us AUTHENTIC RELATIONSHIP with God.
Discipleship Level 1: Develop a faith ROUTINE.
Discipleship Level 2: Don’t let your faith become ROUTINE.
“Lord, teach us to pray!” (Luke 11:1).
Developing a prayer life:
- Shut out DISTRACTIONS.
- CONNECT with your Father.
- Learn from JESUS.
- Practice for LIFE.
Six-Day Prayer Challenge:
- Offer to pray for someone in the moment.
- Take a walk, and talk to God along the way.
- Practice “5 a day” prayer: morning, 3 meals, bedtime.
- Pray for your enemy, or someone who is currently an irritation in your life.
- Ask someone else to pray for you in the moment.
- Pray for God to provide you opportunities to share the Gospel with someone who does not know Jesus.
For personal study and LIFEgroups this week, handouts are available at the LIFEgroups kiosk in the Worship Center lobby. Messages and Resources are available at sjlchurch.org/sermons