Believe Week 18: Offering My Time
- Date: Sunday, June 11, 2017
- Speaker: George Bruick, DCE
- Series: Beliieve RESPOND
- Scripture: Colossians 3:17
“Look carefully then how you walk, not as UNWISE but as WISE, making the best use of the TIME, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the WILL of the Lord is.” Ephesians 5:15-17
I OFFER my time to
FULFILL God's purposes.
Key Question: How do I best use my time to serve God and others?
Jesus’ Habits/How Jesus Spent His Time
- Jesus was devoted to SERVING GOD (John 4:34)
- Jesus served God by SERVING OTHERS (Matt. 4:23)
- Jesus made time for WORSHIP (Luke 4:16; Luke 2:49)
- Jesus made time for PRAYER (Mark. 1:35; 6:46)
Evaluate (Does my life reflect these statements?):
____ I invest my time in others by praying for them.
____ I spend time helping others with physical, emotional, or other kinds of needs.
____ I give away my time to serve and help others in my community.
____ I regularly volunteer at my church.