Believe Week 15: SURRENDER
- Date: Sunday, May 21, 2017
- Speaker: Pastor Dennis Hilken
- Series: Beliieve RESPOND
- Scripture: Matthew 8:5-13, Daniel 3:1-30, Romans 12:1, Luke 9:23-24
350 – 56.5
- Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were willing to die for God (Daniel 3:17-18)
- Esther was willing to die for God (Esther 4:16b)
- Stephen gave his life for Christ (Acts 7:59)
- The Apostle Paul was ready to give his life for Christ, then did
(Acts 21:13b; Philippians 1:21; 2 Timothy 4:6-7)
- Jesus surrendered His life for us (John 19:17-18a)
What does Jesus Want? --- He wants you to LIVE for Him
Order ~ Role (CREATOR & FATHER, not DICTATOR)
I am significant because of my POSITION as a child of God.
Key Idea: I dedicate my life to God’s purposes.
The Ten Commandments - Exodus 20:1-20 “Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.’” Luke 9:23-24 2.
Key Verse: “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.” Romans 12:1
Key Question: How do I cultivate a life of sacrifice?
“Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” John 12:26
S.M.A. ~ Daniel ~ Esther ~ Stephen ~ Disciples ~ Paul