Believe Week 14: A Single-Minded Response
- Date: Sunday, May 14, 2017
- Speaker: Pastor Eric Van Scharrel
- Series: Beliieve RESPOND
- Scripture: Deuteronomy 6:1-9
“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33
I believe I am significant because of my position as a child of God (Chapter 5), SO…
I focus on God and his PRIORITIES for my life.
Key Question: How do I keep my focus on Jesus amidst
CALLING: A strong urge toward a particular way of life.
VOCATION: A person’s calling, especially regarded as particularly worthy and requiring great dedication.
“Consider your place in life…” (sitz im leben)
“…that it may go well” (Deut. 6).
- Daily lay your CALENDAR and decisions before God for direction.
- Make decisions based on Christian values. RELATIONSHIPS always trump things.
- Learn to say NO.
“No one can serve two masters!” –Jesus