Hope Abounds: God’s Fix
- Date: Sunday, December 13, 2015
- Speaker: Eric Van Scharrel
- Series: Hope Waits
- Scripture: Romans 15:8-13
For LIFEGroup Homework,
click on the Download the Notes icon on the right.
“May the God of hope fill you with all JOY and PEACE in
BELIEVING so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope” (Romans 15:13).
Headline: GOD ISN’T FIXING THIS
PRAYERS are neither PLATITUES nor PROCRASTINATION.
HOPE abounds, because God abounds in STEADFAST LOVE
Hope is for:
- Those who lived by the PROMISES to the PATRIARCHS (Rom. 15:8);
- The GENTILES that they might GLORIFY God for His mercy (Rom. 15:9);
- BRUISED reeds and SMOLDERING wicks (Matt. 12:20), found among ALL people on earth.
Hope OVERFLOWS into every facet of your life and into the lives of others.
- “Since we have such a hope, we are very BOLD and we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image…” (2 Cor. 3:12, 18)
- “But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a HELMET the hope of salvation” (1 Thess. 5:8).
- “We have this as a sure and steadfast ANCHOR of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone… (Hebrews 6:19-20a)