Micah: We Will Walk…Forever
- Date: Sunday, November 1, 2015
- Speaker: Eric Van Scharrel
- Series: Bearded Men of History: Minor Prophets, Major Messages
For LIFEGroup Homework,
click on the Download the Notes icon on the right.
“For all the peoples walk each in the name of its god, but we will walk in the name of the Lord our God forever and ever.” –Micah 4:5
What’s the difference between a PEACH FUZZ faith and a GRIZZLY faith?
- Hebrews 11:32-12:2 describes the life of a PROPHET.
Theology of GLORY vs. Theology of the CROSS
God’s people are capable of EVIL;
1. Rebuke of IDOLATRY
2. Condemnation of the RICH and POWERFUL
3. Criticism of CIVIL and RELIGIOUS leaders
But God makes and keeps His promises!
4. The MOUNTAIN of the Lord (Micah 4:1-5)
5. Bethlehem, the BIRTHPLACE of the SAVIOR (5:2)
6. What does God require? (Micah 6:8)
- Do JUSTICE
- Love KINDNESS
- Walk HUMBLY with your God
7. “I will WAIT for the God of my SALVATION” (Micah 7:7)
Right LIVING follows a right HEART and SPIRIT (Ps. 51:11-13).