2019 National Youth Gathering
National Youth Gathering 2019
A national event held only once every three years, the National Youth Gathering (NYG) features opportunities for Spiritual growth, service, fellowship in the greater church body, opportunities to gain greater perspective, and travel to a different state! Join in worshipping, learning, and fun with 25,000 + other Christian teens from across the country! Register Now, or keep reading for more information!
Who is invited: Students who have completed 8th -12th grades by summer of 2019
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Travel Arrangements: Travel by carpool to airport, flight to Minneapolis, and shuttle busses in destination city
Registration Opens: August 19, 2018
Registration Closes: October 19, 2018
Where do I register? Right HERE
Total Trip Cost: $1,400 - $1,800, dependent on group size, flight, and hotel rates. Cost inclusive of all travel expenses, lodging, t-shirt, and most meals.
Cost breakdown by date:
- Non-refundandable Deposit: Due at registration - $150
- Airfare Deposit: Due 1/2019 - Approximately $250
- Hotel Deposit: Due 3/2019 - Approximately $250
- Remaining Balance: Due 4/2019
Additional Important Information
Participants are required to attend pre-trip meetings for team development. Missed events will incur financial penalties. Participants are also expected to be a regular attendee of weekly Youth Group events. If a student drops out after the airfare cancellation period, the student's family is responsible for full airfare payment, as well as any applicable fees.
Yearly Fundraising Opportunities
- Pumpkinfest - Students will have the opportunity to sell food on October 27, 2018
- Easter Breakfast - Students will prepare food on April 20, 2019, and sell food on April 21, 2019
- Fireworks Booth - Adults will have the opportunity to sell fireworks while students can attract attention from nearby traffic. July 1 - 4, 2019
Additional fundraising opportunities are available for NYG trip participants due to the higher cost of the activity.
Need-based scholarships are available so that finances alone do not prevent a student from attending a trip. Participation in fundraisers and regular SSM Programming (weekly and/or whenever is possible) is expected of all scholarship recipients.