FOR FIRST-TIME CHILDCARE FOR THIS EVENT, PLEASE GO TO www.sjlchurch.org/childcare CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!
Almost everyone would say they know what love is: an affection that goes beyond “like.”
Country singers know “love isn’t something that we say; it’s something that we do.”
Christians know a lot about love:
- We know God loved the world so much He gave His Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
- We know we are called to love one another, because love is from God.
- We know the summary of God’s will for the world is to love Him with all our heart, soul, strength and mind, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
- We know love means sacrifice, shown best through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross.
- We know (at least the really advanced among us) there are different Biblical kinds of live ranging from brotherly to romantic to unconditional love.
Like I said, Christians know a lot about love.
Here’s the thing, though. God doesn’t just call us to study love, so that we can know a lot of things about love.
Ready for this?!
God actually wants us to live a life fully engaged in the kind of things love does!
We can have a whole lot of meetings about love, we can do a Bible study on love, we can write a mission statement about love, and we can print bumper stickers about love. Oh, and we can post about love on social media, because if don’t do that, it didn’t really happen, right?
We can go around seeking every opportunity to do loving stuff.
Even more directly…
We can go around being loving humans!
Needless to say, the Gospels are full of stories about Jesus being love to the world, and the Bible is full of stories about humans who follow Jesus being love to the world.
This will be the theme of our worship for 8 weeks, starting January 13. It will also be the focus as we gather together in groups.
Most importantly, “love does” will be who we are in 2019, as we represent Jesus wherever we “go and do stuff.”
See you here!